Welcome to the Start High Class Of 1967 website.
Members of the Class of 1967 please register for the site. It is free. Let us know where you are and what you are doing. When you register if our contact information is not correct please go to "Edit Contact Info" and gives us your latest information including email address so we can keep you up on any class updates.
Dave Greene, Site Administrator
Note: We are looking for who may be interest in a 50 Year Reunion next year. If you are interested please let us know via the web site and also if you have any ideas of what you would like to see. Informal get together, a catered event, etc.
Historical Events in February 1967
- 1st Severe brush fires in Tasmania destroy $11 million & take 60 lives
- 1st WCLP TV channel 18 in Chatsworth, GA (PBS) begins broadcasting
- 2nd Bolivia adopts its constitution
- 2nd Formation of American Basketball Association is announced
- 3rd Ronald Ryan, the last person to be executed in Australia, is hanged in Pentridge Prison, Melbourne.
- 4th "Wild Thing" hits #20 on the pop singles chart by Senator Bobby
- 4th US launches Lunar Orbiter 3
- 5th "Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour" premieres on CBS (later ABC, NBC)
- 5th Anastasio Somoza elected president of Nicaragua
- 5th Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to Robert Penn Warren
- 6th Cultural Revolution in Albania
- Boxing Title Fight
- 7th A fire at a restaurant in Montgomery, Alabama kills 25 people.
- 8th Longest losing streak in Toronto Maple Leaf history (10 games)
- 8th Peter (Asher) & Gordon (Waller) discontinue their singing partnership
- 8th Pirate Radio UKGM (England) closes down
- 8th US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site
- 10th 25th Amendment (US Presidential Disability & Succession) ratified
- 12th Kees Verkerk becomes world champ all round skater
Person of Interest
12th Keith Richards, Mick Jagger & Marianne Faithful busted for drugs
- 12th Pirate Radio Free Harlem (NYC) begins transmitting
- 14th Aretha Franklin records "Respect"
- 14th Latin American nuclear free zone proposal drawn up
- 15th 1st anti-bootleg recording laws enacted
- 15th D66 (D'66) wins 7 seats in Dutch 2nd Chamber
- 15th Longest dream (REM sleep) on record, Bill Carskadon, Chicago (2:23)
- 15th 24th Golden Globes: A Man for All Seasons, Paul Scofield, & Anouk Aimee win
- 16th Red Ruffing selected to Hall of Fame
- 17th Beatles release "Penny Lane" & "Strawberry Fields"
- 17th Kosmos 140 (Soyuz Test) launches into Earth orbit
- 18th Bob Seagren sets pole vault record at 17'3"
- 18th Softball pitcher Eddie Feigner strikes out 6 straight major leaguers
- 19th Stien Kaiser becomes world champion lady's skater
- 22nd Barbara Garson's "MacBird" premieres in NYC
- 22nd Sling-shot goal post & 6' wide border around field are standard in NFL
- 22nd 25,000 US & South Vietnamese troops launch Operation Junction City against Viet Cong. Largest US airborne assult since WWII
- 23rd 25th amendment (US Presidential succession) adopted
- 23rd John Herbert's "Fortune & Men's Eyes" premieres in NYC
- 23rd Ted Workman replaces Senator Keith Davey as CFL commissioner
- 23rd US troops begin largest offensive of Vietnam War
- 26th USSR performs nuclear test at Eastern Kazakh/Semipalitinsk USSR
- 26th Verne Gagne beats Mad Dog Vachon in St Paul, to become NWA champ
- 27th Antigua & St Christopher-Nevis become associated states of UK
- 27th Dominica gains independence from England
- 27th Rio de la Plata Treaty